Who am I?

My photo
I am a closeted 30 something woman. I am also a slightly neurotic PhD student (is there any other kind of grad student?). My hope is that one day soon I'll be able to fully come out. I see this blog as a therapeutic step along the way!

Saturday 25 June 2011

Who am I? (no it's not gossip girl): Coming out...kind of

The title of this post is a tad bit deceiving.  I hope that at the culmination of this "project" I will be able to reveal who I am.  The problem is, I am the project and I am a huge ball of mess.  

The stats:
  • 30 something
  • Female
  • Teacher at U of X (did you think I was going to make it that easy?)
  • heading towards a PhD
  • Lesbian
  • Enjoys long walks on the beach
Ok, the last point is a bunch of B.S..  Actually, I do enjoy long walks on the beach, but not enough to include them in the official stats.

Now about the title of my blog...I chose confessions of a "strayt" girl, because...well...I am a 30 something female who walks the earth pretending to be straight.  Yes, I'm gay.  It feels SO liberating to say that, but of course it is easy to confess since I am still confined to this box shrouded in anonymity. 

What you can expect from me...well, I don't really know.  I plan on using this platform to get to me.  I am totally and completely in the closet.  If the closet had a closet, that is where I would be.  I think you get the picture.  This blog holds me responsible.  I can't go cower in denial, as I have done on many occasions in the past. These posts will force me to actively face the cold hard truth.  That I am Canadian a lesbian. My plan is to be as uncensored as possible (while paradoxically masking my identity as well as the identities of the people and places I mention)  It is my hope that through writing and through actively facing who I am, that unlike gossip girl, I will one day be able to reveal my identity to you.  The first few posts will come rather quickly, as this is something that was born on paper that I decided needs to be housed online.  So if anybody is reading, please be patient with my closeted self.  I understand that I have put myself out there in a very open forum.  Whereas I do appreciate feedback and comments, please keep them appropriate and please understand that this is my process. 

So for now 
xoxo

Strayt Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment